The training session on Sunday 28 November 2010 has been cancelled as the bulk of the club will be attending the U10 groundwork competition at Balfron
There will be an Under-10 groundwork competition held at Balfron High School on Sunday 28 November 2010.
The competition starts at 1300hrs 1400hrs and should run until sometime between 1600-1700.
This is a fun competition for the younger children that is focussed on groundwork. There will be a mixture of competition and play. It is an excellent introduction to competition.
Please come along if you can manage it. The entry fee is £7.50.
The address of the competition venue is:
Balfron High School
If you are unsure how to get there, a convoy will be starting from Bishopton Scout Hall at 1200hrs.1230hrs
If you need further information then please contact Susie.
Please note that there will be no training on Sunday 28 November 2010.
Congratulations to Andrew Smith, one of the senior members of the club. He took Gold in the European Judo for all Championships held in Baarlo in the Netherlands. The whole SN team did very well. Further details on the Scottish SN Judo web site
Entry form are now available online at the Judo Scotland web site
This is a popular event so enter as soon as possible!
All of the children put on a fine show yesterday and brought home a good selection of medals.
Congratulations to Rachel Towle and Kathryn Meenan who both won Gold in their respective categories.
Age band ‘AA’ – born 2001, 2002
- Under 36kg Girls – Rachel Peden Silver
- Under 28kg Girls – Ezri Bradley (also of Wemyss Bay Judo Club) Bronze
Age band ‘A’ – born 1999, 2000
- Under 28kg Girls – Rachel Towle Gold
- Under 32kg Girls – Erin Peden Silver
- Under 36kg Girls – Kathryn Meenan Gold
- Under 42/46kg Boys – Benedict MacLennan-Patton Bronze
Age band ‘C’ – born 1995, 1996
- Under 50kg Boys – Michael Love Silver
Under 66kg Men – Christopher Wright Silver
Late news from the British National Championships held in Sheffield over the 9th and 10th of October 2010.
Michael Love was placed 7th in the Under-16 Under 50 kg category.
Christopher Wright was placed 7th in the Under-20 Under 66kg category.
Our tardy correspondent has also provided us with some shots of Christopher in action.
Please note that there will be no training session on Friday 5th November 2010. This is owing to the numbers away for the Granite City Open Championships in Aberdeen.
The children worked hard yesterday and came home with several medals.
Age band ‘AA’ – born 2000, 2001, 2002
- Rachel Peden Gold
- Lewis Towle Silver
- Ezri Bradley (also of Wemyss Bay Judo Club) Bronze
- Connor Wilson Bronze
- Benedict MacLennan-Patton Bronze
Age band ‘A’ – born 1998, 1999
- Under 32kg Girls – Erin Peden Gold
- Under 32kg Girls – Rachel Towle Silver
Age band ‘B/C’ – born 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997
- Under 50kg Boys – Michael Love Gold
Congratulations to the following, who successfully completed their grading on Tuesday 14th September 2010
- Saul McVeigh – promoted to 5th mon
- Grant McDermid – promoted to 5th mon
- Aiden Clark – promoted to 5th mon