Judo will be 7:30-9:00pm on Friday (26/10/2018) at Bishopton Community Centre instead of the usual 6:00-8:00pm.
We only had four competitors at the 2018 Hibari Kan Junior Open held at Larkhall Leisure Centre on 20/10/2018.
The good news is that all of them came home with medals:
- Glen Ferrier – AA-band U25kg – Gold
- Alex McWatt – AA-band 34kg – Bronze
- Andrew McWatt – A-band U34kg – Gold
- Aaron Clark – A-band U46kg – Gold
Alan Clark has provided us with a photo of the medal winners:
Congratulations guys! Really excellent results!
Lots of results to report today!
The British Masters was held at Breckland Leisure Centre in Thetford and the club’s results were:
- Jaqui O’Donnell U63kg – Gold
- Paul McWatt – U66kg – Bronze
Closer to home we had a number of club members competing in the JudoScotland Open 2018 Grand Prix at Wishaw Sports Centre and the club’s results were:
- Andrew McWatt – U34kg – Gold
- Aaron Clark – U46kg – Silver
- Matthew Sweeney – U60kg – Gold
- Rebecca Bradley – U63kg – Gold
- Joseph Peden – U50kg – Silver
- Daniel Peden – U50kg – Bronze
- Katelyn Cox -U63kg – Gold
- David Sommerville- U73kg – Bronze
Great results all round – Well done!
If you can’t make to the 2018 Glasgow European Open this weekend, you can still watch the action on the BBC Sport web site.
The BBC will be providing a commentated stream of both days of the action.
The streams will be here:
Tell your friends and relatives!
This will be a fantastic opportunity for them (and you!) to see a top-flight Judo competition with several of the UK’s best judoka in action.
You can still watch the action on the EJU web site but the BJA is keen that we use the BBC stream to demonstrate to the BBC that there is a keen interest in watching Judo – the more of you that watch the BBC stream, the more Judo there will be available to watch.
An excellent set of results to report from the Highland Budokan Open 2018 held today (22/09/2018) at Inverness Leisure Centre.
The whole team was firing on all cylinders and coaches are reported to be very pleased!
The results were:
- Glen Ferrier – AA-band U27kg – Bronze
- Andrew McWatt – A-band U34kg – Bronze
- Aaron Clark – A-band U46kg – Bronze
- Rachael Lamb – B-band U44kg – Gold
- Chloe Speirs – B-band U52kg – Bronze
- Christopher Howe – B-band U55kg – Gold
- Matthew Sweeney – B-band U60kg – Silver
- Fraser Clark – B-band U60kg – Gold
- Rebecca Lamb – C-band U48kg – Gold
- Daniel Peden – C-band U50kg – Silver
- Joseph Peden – C-band U50kg – Bronze
- Katelyn Cox – C-band U57kg – Gold
- David Sommerville – C-band U73kg – Gold
- Katelyn Cox – Senior U57kg – Gold
- David Sommerville – Senior U73kg – Gold
- Mosa Al-bedri – C-band Combined U81/90kg – Bronze
- Benedict MacLennan-Patton – Senior U81kg – Silver
- Mosa Al-bedri – Senior U81kg – Gold
I think I have managed to get all of the club results – apologies if I have missed anyone.
We also had some club members being assessed for their Club Referee award and I am pleased to report that the following individuals passed their practical assessment and are now qualified Club Referees:
- Aaron Clark
- Andrew MacWatt
- Eamonn Patton
Well done to all of you!
Congratulations to Susie and Paul – 2018 Judo Scotland Coaching, Officiating and Volunteer (COV) Awards winners.
- Young Person’s Coach of the Year: Paul Grady (for Genki Judo Club)
- Volunteer Award: Susan Wright
These are awards to recognise the hard work that coaches, officials and volunteers put into supporting Judo in Scotland. I think we would all agree that Susie and Paul do put an awful lot of hard work into supporting Judo in Scotland!
Paul and Susie will be automatically entered into the sportscotland COV awards – here’s hoping they do as well there.
The Midland Area Heart of England Open Judo Championships 2018 was held at Walsall Campus, Walsall on Saturday 08/09/2018.
The club’s results were:
- Andrew McWatt Pre-Cadet U34kg – Bronze
- Rachael Lamb Pre-Cadet U44kg – Silver
- Aaron Clarke Pre-Cadet U46kg – 5th
- Christopher Howe Pre-Cadet U55kg – Silver
- Connor Wilson Junior U66kg – Bronze
Good results in a big competition. Well done!
On Friday this week (31/08/2018), we will be running a bring n’ buy session for anyone who would like to trade-in older judo kits and club kits that the kids have grown out of. Second hand kits / team kit will be available to buy.
Don’t forget that we will be in our new Friday evening home!
Starting on Friday 31/08/2018 we will be holding our training sessions at Bishopton Community Centre.
The address of the centre is:
Bishopton Community Centre
The session times remain the same: 6-8pm.
There is plenty of parking at the front of the hall that is accessed via Station Road and Gledstane Road. Alternatively there is parking on the road up to the Health Centre.
Please tell you judo friends of the change of address.
We look forward to seeing you at our new Friday home!
The Clyde Judo Club AGM will be held at the Bishopton training session on Friday 24/08/2018.
All parents and adult members are welcome – Please come along.