We would like to congratulate the following players who have been selected to be part of team Scotland. For the National teams 4th July -40 Rebecca Lamb -44 Ezri Bradley -38 Kyle Watt For the UK School Games 4-6 September -44 Rachel Towle -48 Erin Peden -48/-52 Laura Hewitt -55 Connor Wilson
Month: June 2015
As it is now the summer holidays there will be no training sessions on Sundays. Tuesdays and Friday training sessions will continue as normal (Subject to change depending on coaches availability - check the website regularly for any updates.)
We’ve managed to assemble our podium photographs from the BUPA Charity Open for Children 1st GRAND PRIX Event 2015 held on 06/06/2015 at Ravenscraig Regional Sports Centre. Apologies if I’ve missed anyone from the club – I only have the photos that I have!
Missing from the last photograph is Louis Saez who took a great Silver in the C-band U73kg competition.
Judo Scotland has launched its JudoMARK Club Accreditation Scheme and the first clubs to go through the scheme and gain accreditation were presented with accreditation certificates at the start of the BUPA Charity Open for Children 1st GRAND PRIX event 2015.
Naturally Clyde Judo is excited to be one of the clubs in the first wave to be awarded accreditation but this is about more than just one club and is about raising standards across Scottish Judo. So, this post is about all of the clubs that were awarded accreditation and not just Clyde Judo.
The purpose of the JudoMARK Club Accreditation Scheme is to provide a national and recognised standard for clubs to demonstrate that they:
- Develop safe, effective and child-friendly environments based on good practice.
- Improve judoka, coaches and volunteers.
- Encourage life-long participation through sustainable Judo development pathways.
There’s a lot more detail involved in achieving the above but I know from the perspective of Clyde Judo that we have been greatly supported by Judo Scotland in making sure that we had everything ship shape and Bristol fashion in order to achieve accreditation.
The following clubs were awarded JudoMARK at the BUPA Charity Open for Children 1st GRAND PRIX event 2015:
- Carnegie Judo Club
- Cluarankwai Judo Club
- Clyde Judo Club
- Dynamic Judo Club
- Focus Judo Club
- Jidel 93
- Just Judo
- Sportif Judo Club
- Southside Judo Club
- Titan Judo Club
Two other clubs were not at the competition but have also achieved JudoMARK:
- Irvine Judo Club
- Ultimate Judo
From the Clyde Judo perspective, thanks are due to Iain Wilson for organising our application and also to David Millar of Judo Scotland for all of his assistance.
Pictures below of each of the clubs being awarded their JudoMARK certificate. Click on the photo to open a larger image in a new tab.
- Rachael Lamb – AA-band U32kg – Silver
- Fraser Clark – AA-band U38kg – Gold
- Joseph Peden – A-band U30kg – Gold
- Daniel Peden – A-band U30kg – Silver
- Hamsa Al-Bedri – A-band U38kg – 5th
- David Sommerville – A-band U46kg – Bronze
- Cameron Kerr – A-band O50kg – 5th
- Kyle Watt – B-band U38kg – Gold
- Rebecca Lamb – B-band U40kg – Gold
- Ezri Bradley – B-band U44kg – Silver
- Mosa A-Bedri – B-band U55kg – Bronze
- MelissaMcGill – B-band U57kg – Silver
- Erin Peden – C-band U48kg – Gold
- Laura Hewitt – C-band U52kg – Gold
- Connor Wilson – C-band U55kg – Bronze
- Christopher Love – C-band U60kg – Bronze
- Louis Saez – C-band U73kg – Silver
- Marcus Ray – C-band U73kg – Bronze
- Benedict MacLennan-Patton – C-band U73kg – Bronze
The results in the Senior competition held on Sunday 7 June 2015:
- Christopher Wright – Senior U73kg – Gold
- Benedict Ray – Senior U66kg – 5th
Our good friend Brian Hewitt won Gold in Senior U66kg.
Chris Wright, Louis Saez and John Watt were members of the winning team in the team competition.
Well done to all of you and some great performances even from those who didn’t manage a medal or place.
Due to coaching commitments or indeed coaches competing at the BUPA Charity Open on Sunday 7th June the normal club session at Bishopton Scout Hall is cancelled.
Sorry for the late notice.